What Not To Do
Top 5 Tips
Do yourself a favor, don’t do these things at the risk of receiving a “how dare you label”
- Do not greet an adult or especially an elderly person on the street with “Hoi Du”.Even if you are on a first name basis, say their name.If you happen to know their last name, use Frau or Herr X. If all else fails, simply say Guten Morgen or Guten Tag.
- Do not say goodbye to an unfamiliar Adult, especially an elderly person with Tschuss or Ciao. Aufwiedersehen, Aufwiederluega, or Adieu are excepted forms.
- Do not - cut your grass, eat your weeds or do any other loud and obnoxious thing on Sunday - unless you want to have a meet and greet with the Swiss police.
- Do not phone between 12.00 – 13.15 and 18.00 - 19.00 or after 20.00 unless you are calling in an emergency or a close family member.
Remember quiet time in the first grade? These are the unofficial Swiss quiet times mostly during meals. It is considered quite rude to disregard them.
- If you live in an apartment building, do not wash clothes on someone else’s allotted times
Do not take their clothes out of the machine and leave them in a wad. This is equal to declaring war.
I would love to hear your "What Not to Do - Tips".